Thursday, September 21, 2006


HAPPINESS

All beings desire happiness always, happiness without a tinge of sorrow. At the same time everybody loves himself best. The cause for love is only happiness. So, that happiness must lie in one. Further that happiness is daily experienced by everyone in sleep, when there is no mind. To attain that natural happiness one must know oneself. For that, Self-Enquiry, 'Who am I?' is the chief means. 1


That's what it's about for me. Trying to see that happiness that is always here, but the thought that I am not realized is what prevents it. There's many philosophies quite complex, that explain it in various ways. I've gone through some of them, and still I feel restless. Gradually, the peace of mind has settled in my consciounce but I still have doubts left unresolved. The issue here is that with any extra effort it has the chance to create more of a salvation or bandage both at the same time. That is the problem with visanas, the mental latent tendencies. The solutions for these are the grace of the guru and the primary method of Sri Ramana Maharshi, Self Inquiry, Atma Vichara. He explains that the method takes away the latent tendencies as well when the practice is done. Like a candle burning at both ends. In a way I think he's right and I love him for his grace in such a simple teaching and how he demonstrated it so emphatically in his life of simplicity.

SatGurunath Maharaj Ki Jay





No comments: